Description | Testimonials | More Info ( Not linked yet )
Get our full suite of templates, including:
Tracking Sourcing Research
Vetting Checklist & Evaluation Tool
Supplier Contact Database
COGS, Pricing & Profit Margin Simulator
Sample-Sign Off Sheet
Material Tracing & Inventory Projections
What You’ll Learn:
- How to turn a concept or rough prototype into a formal set of design specifications
- How to set up an international supply chain, including where to find partners and how to vet them
- Tips for negotiating pricing, payments terms, and minimums
- Product testing, labeling requirements, and how to choose packaging for your line
- What to consider when setting a retail price for your product
- Instructions for implementing simple quality practices so that you eliminate financial risk and ensure high-quality production
- Guidance for navigating international shipping, including taxes and US customs
- Fulfillment channels and how to choose the best option for your business
- And lots more!
- The guide is 50 pages long and includes checklist-style instructions to help you keep track of tasks you've already completed.
- It is written for beginners as well as early-stage entrepreneurs who want to up-level their making efforts.
- You can apply the instructions in the Maker's Guide to a wide range of product categories, including apparel, soft goods, hard goods, home decor, furniture, jewelry, children's products, pet accessories, and more. If you have questions about if the Maker's Guide would be a good fit for your product idea, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use this guide if you intend to produce your product with overseas factories. If you are interested in Made in the USA manufacturing, use this guide.
Bundle & Save
Get our full suite of templates, including: Product Outline | Tracking Sourcing Research | Vetting Checklist & Evaluation Tool | Supplier Contact Database | COGS, Pricing & Profit Margin Simulator | Professional Factory Purchase Order | Sample-Sign Off Sheet | Material Tracing & Inventory Projections for $79.99 (a $100+ value!)
"I feel like I saved thousands of dollars in consulting by using this guide."
– Carly R., Hero Onesies
"I loved checking off each step. The guide made it so easy to go at my own pace, but be efficient in the process."
- Adam S., Tile Frames