The Complete Maker's Guide is your one-stop resource for turning an idea into a sellable product. This 30+ page, step-by-step manual demystifies topics like product development, supplier vetting & negotiating, and quality control, so that you can successfully launch a "Made in the USA" product.
The guide is broken into sections covering the various phases of the making process, including Product Design & Development, Sourcing, Packaging & Labeling, Supply Chain Shipping, Storage & Fulfillment, Costs & Pricing, Production, and Feedback & Maintenance. Checklist-style steps and timelines within each section will keep you organized and on-track.
You can save THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in consulting by using The Complete Maker's Guide. Don't let overwhelm or inexperience trip you up! This clear set of instructions will help you avoid expensive, time-consuming errors as you build the business of your dreams.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to turn a concept or rough prototype into a formal set of design specifications
- Where to find great suppliers, how to communicate with them, and a rock-solid vetting process for landing on the best partners
- Tips for negotiating pricing, payments terms, and minimums
- How to conduct product testing
- Labeling requirements and how to choose packaging for your line
- What to consider when setting a retail price for your product
- Instructions for implementing simple quality practices so that you eliminate financial risk and ensure high-quality production
- Fulfillment channels and how to choose the best option for your business
- And lots more!
- Guide is 34 pages long and includes in-depth, step-by-step instructions for making a product
- Ability to check off tasks you've already completed
- Apply the instructions in the Maker's Guide to a wide range of product categories, including apparel, soft goods, hard goods, home decor, furniture, jewelry, children's products, pet accessories, and more
- Use this guide if you intend to produce your product in the USA (you can find the Overseas version here)
- While some of the suggested tips in the guide are USA-specific, it it still a helpful planning tool if you plan to produce domestically in a different country of residence
"I don't know where else I would have found all of the information in this guide, other than hiring an adviser. It was a lifesaver in so many ways!"
– Carly R., Hero Onesies
"The Maker's Guide made it easy to go at my own pace, but be efficient in the process. I loved the ability to stay organized and check off each step after I was done."
- Adam S., Tile Frames