The Complete Maker's Guide will walk you through the process of turning a concept into a sellable product, demystifying the world of manufacturing so that you can build the business of your dreams!
This in-depth, 30-page manual acts as a comprehensive roadmap, covering topics like design, testing, sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, shipping, fulfillment, pricing strategy and more!
The Complete Maker's Guide is the most thorough, affordable resource available for product entrepreneurs. Don't let overwhelm or inexperience trip you up! A clear set of instructions will help you avoid expensive, time-consuming errors as you successfully launch your product or garment.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to turn a concept or rough prototype into a formal set of design specifications
- Where to find great suppliers, how to communicate with them, and a rock-solid vetting process for landing on the best partners
- Tips for negotiating pricing, payments terms, and minimums
- How to conduct product testing
- Labeling requirements and how to choose packaging for your line
- What to consider when setting a retail price for your product
- Instructions for implementing simple quality practices so that you eliminate financial risk and ensure high-quality production
- Fulfillment channels and how to choose the best option for your business
- And lots more!
- The guide is 30 pages long and includes checklist-style instructions to help you keep track of tasks you've already completed.
- It is written for beginners as well as early-stage entrepreneurs who want to refine and uplevel their making efforts.
- You can apply the instructions in the Maker's Guide to a wide range of product categories, including apparel, soft goods, hard goods, home decor, furniture, jewelry, children's products, pet accessories, and more. If you have questions about if the Maker's Guide would be a good fit for your product idea, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use this guide if you intend to produce your product in the USA. If you are interested in overseas sourcing, opt for this version.
"I feel like I saved thousands of dollars in consulting by using this guide."
– Carly R., Hero Onesies
"I loved checking off each step. The guide made it so easy to go at my own pace, but be efficient in the process."
- Adam S., Tile Frames