The Complete Maker's Guide - "Made In The USA" offers step-by-step instructions so that you know exactly what to do to bring your product idea to life (while avoiding common mistakes and detours in the process). The guide covers everything from how to carry out product development to finding and vetting factories to managing quality control, production, and shipping. An affordable alternative to one-on-one support, it can save you thousands of dollars in consulting!
Checklist-style to-do's and timelines within each section will keep you organized and on-track, plus you'll get tons of valuable resources for things like finding high-quality factories, setting pricing, and partnering with a small-batch warehouse to ship your products (which is easier and cheaper than you think!).
Don't let overwhelm or inexperience trip you up - The Complete Maker's Guide - "Made In The USA" is your one-stop resource for successfully launching an American-made product.
Considering offshore production? View our "Made Overseas" Guide here
What's Included In This Guide:
- How to turn a concept or rough prototype into a formal set of design specifications (and where to find design partners to help you)
- Where to find great factories and suppliers, how to communicate with them, and a rock-solid vetting process for landing on the best partners
- Tips for negotiating pricing, payments terms, and minimums
- How to conduct product testing, including suggestions for testing labs
- Labeling requirements and how to choose packaging for your line
- How to calculate all the costs that go into making your product and establish profit margins
- What to consider when setting a retail price for your product
- Simple quality control practices to eliminate financial risk and ensure high-quality production
- How to find a small batch warehouse so that your products are shipped to customers automatically
- And lots more!
- Guide is 34-page digital file that will be emailed to you upon purchase.
- Ability to check off tasks you've already completed
- Apply the instructions in the Maker's Guide to a wide range of product categories, including apparel, soft goods, hard goods, home decor, furniture, jewelry, children's products, pet accessories, and more
- Use this guide if you intend to produce your product in the USA (you can find the Overseas version here)
- While some of the suggested tips in the guide are USA-specific, it it still a helpful planning tool if you plan to produce domestically in a different country of residence.
"I don't know where else I would have found all of the information in this guide, other than hiring an adviser. It was a lifesaver in so many ways!"
– Carly R., Hero Onesies
"The Maker's Guide made it easy to go at my own pace, but be efficient in the process. I loved the ability to stay organized and check off each step after I was done."
- Adam S., Tile Frames