The Complete Maker's Guide - "Made Overseas" offers step-by-step instructions so that you know exactly what to do to bring your product idea to life (while avoiding common mistakes and detours in the process). The guide covers everything from how to carry out product development to finding and vetting factories to managing quality control, production, and importing. An affordable alternative to one-on-one support, it can save you thousands of dollars in consulting!
Checklist-style to-do's and timelines within each section will keep you organized and on-track, plus you'll get tons of valuable resource suggestions for things like calculating duty rates, carrying out testing, and finding a variety of high-quality partners.
Don't let overwhelm or inexperience trip you up! The Complete Maker's Guide - "Made Overseas" is your one-stop resource for successfully launching a product that is manufactured offshore.
Considering American-made? View our "Made In The USA" Guide here
What's Included In This Guide:
- How to turn a concept or rough prototype into a formal set of design specifications (and where to look for design partners)
- How to set up an international supply chain, including where to find factories and how to vet them
- Tips for negotiating pricing, payments terms, and minimums with overseas suppliers
- Product testing, labeling requirements, and how to choose packaging for your line
- How to calculate all the costs that go into making your product and establish profit margins
- What to consider when setting a retail price for your product
- Simple quality control practices to eliminate financial risk and ensure high-quality production
- Guidance with international shipping, including taxes and importing
- How to find a small batch warehouse so that your products are shipped to customers automatically
- And lots more!
- Guide is 50+ page digital file that will be emailed to you upon purchase.
- Ability to check off tasks you've already completed
- Apply the instructions in the Maker's Guide to a wide range of product categories, including apparel, soft goods, hard goods, home decor, furniture, jewelry, children's products, pet accessories, and more
- Use this guide if you intend to produce your product with overseas factories (you can find the "Made in the USA" version here)
"I don't know where else I would have found all of the information in this guide, other than hiring an adviser. It was a lifesaver in so many ways!"
– Carly R., Hero Onesies
"The Maker's Guide made it easy to go at my own pace, but be efficient in the process. I loved the ability to stay organized and check off each step after I was done."
- Adam S., Tile Frames